We have provided these links to help you with your stay in Morecambe. Even if you decide not to stay with us, we hope very much that the information we have supplied will help you get around and enjoy the Bay as much as we do!
The Morecambe Tourist Information Centre is a valuable source of information and the staff are super, so do get in touch with them if you need additional advice.
The Wimslow ACCESS statement follows after the links below.
Please see useful links below:
For Scooter Hire - Why not have a word with Mark at Mobility Linx on Marine Road West.
Access Statement for The Wimslow Guesthouse
The Wimslow is a Victorian Terraced Building with steps to the front, and only, public entrance. However, for those who are able to manage steps we do have 2 ground floor rooms with step-in showers (1 double and 1 separated twin). We have a 1st floor dining room, but the ground floor lounge can easily be used as an alternative venue for breakfast if required.
• Tel: 01524 417804
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• website: http://www.thewimslow.co.uk/
• A printed version of the access statement can be requested and will be printed to the required font size. This statement is also available on our website.
• Bus links to the town centre and beyond can be found 5 minutes walk from the Guesthouse. The Morecambe train station is 20 minutes walk from the Guesthouse. Trains and Buses run regularly between Morecambe and Lancaster.
The link below has a comprehensive access document that can be downloaded. It details Transport Information for Morecambe and Lancaster (and much more) and can also be accessed through our website.
• Taxis with disabled facilities can also be hired.
• The town centre is 10-15 minutes stroll from the Guesthouse less than 5 minutes by car.
• It is essential any potential guest declare any special requirements so that we can ensure provisions match need and that there is no risk to the personal safety of either the guest or others.
• We reserve the right to limit accommodation for those with sight, or hearing impairment, or restricted mobility to the ground floor to ensure safe evacuation in the event of a fire.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is on road parking outside the building on a first come first served basis (the closest option).
• Limited parking to the rear and then behind the back of the houses, there is a small, but very reasonably priced public car park.
Main Entrance, Reception
• Main entrance is access by steps (one step up to a platform then four further steps with handrails) to the front door, which is kept locked at all times.
• Once through the front door there is a further internal door, push pull opening with a self closing mechanism before reaching reception in the lounge.
• The reception formalities are conducted in comfort in the seated lounge, just inside the building and accessed via a door to the right.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• All doors are manually operated and self-closing for fire safety.
• All public areas and walkways are carpeted.
• Lighting is good day and night and the corridors are clear and unobstructed.
• The floor has a slight slope as a result of settled subsidence.
• Colour contrast is good for doorways and skirtings.
• The front steps are arranged as follows: one step up onto a platform from the street, followed by four more steps, with handrails, to the front door.
• The narrowest point in the ground floor hallway is a 72cm door frame with the rest of the hallway being 78cm plus wide.
• Clear signage “In Case Of Fire” is appropriately placed and evacuation instructions are placed on the back of each room door. Time will be taken during check-in to ensure the guest understands the procedure as a further precaution.
• There are no grab rails through the corridors or on landings, however handrails are present both sides of the stairs on the elevations.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• The breakfast room on the first floor is accessed though a door from the stairwell.
• The tables are well spaced to allow easy access around.
• For those who cannot make the stairs, a table will be set in the comfortable lounge area. The lounge is on the ground floor and can be accessed from the hallway by a self-closing door. There is a generously spaced arrangement of furniture, to allow easy access and the lighting is of a good standard. Light walls, mid-tone patterned carpet and dark patterned and plain furniture provide contrast.
Owing to the provision of ensuites in all the guest rooms, we do not have any additional toilet facilities.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• Currently the two ground floor rooms are suitable for people with limited mobility who can step into shower cubicles. Visual contrast is limited. A hand rail has been fitted next to the toilet in room 3 (the ground floor double) to aid guests to lift themselves. Raised seats can be provided if required and it may be possible to provide other non-fixed aides on request if sufficient advanced notice is given.
• We do not currently have a visual alert system linked to the fire alarm system and for this reason would limit a hearing impaired guest to the ground floor unless they were sharing with a hearing partner/friend. Guests would be alerted by the responsible person on duty in the event of a fire. If a guest with hearing impairment stays, we commit to ensuring there is a hearing person on site 24hrs a day for the duration of their stay.
• The Guest House has settled subsidence and as a consequence, like many old buildings, has a slope to some of its floors. What may be seen as quaint and typical of its age by some, may be seen as an obstacle to those who have impaired balance.
• We allow dogs, but as one would expect they need to be clean, house trained and well behaved.
• We ask those considering a stay with us to contact us before booking and discuss in detail as to whether, or not, we can meet their needs.
• We can cater for special diets with good advanced notice. Let us know what you like to eat!
Address: The Wimslow
374 Marine Road East
Telephone: 01524 417804
Emergency number: 07811284921
We would like to develop our front access, but at present there is little likelihood of this happening in the current climate (unless we get a lottery win) - however we have knocked two single rooms and their ensuites in to the separated twin configuration. The ensuite has a large step in shower and ample room to move around the ensuite. The rooms are simple in layout and provide the perfect solution to traveling with friends but having a bit of quiet time. We can provide a ground floor breakfast, so if you can make it up those front steps we can accommodate you.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01524417804 or email email@example.com